Today, I’m going to talk to you about my weekly cleaning of my house, monthly cleaning of my house, and some of the organizational things that I do. First off, as a kid my mom was kind of strict about cleaning and keeping things organized. As a child, I didn’t appreciate it at the time. Now as an adult, I’m thankful that both of my parents engraved that into me. I am super excited about sharing this with you guys, it’s something totally different from my normal fitness related posts.
First off, my weekly cleaning. I normally clean on Friday afternoons. I get off work, most of the time at 12:00 P.M. I really love cleaning, it’s really stress free. I feel a lot better after I clean. I kind of wind down when I clean. Just throw on some Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash, or some type of music and just clean! Haha! I’ll list out my cleaning supplies as well cause I think everyone has an idea of what they like to use. Everyone has their favorite brands.
- Sweep (Every other day cause of my dog (she sheds way too much, it’s crazy how much she sheds.).)
- Mop (Twice a week.)
- Garage (Sweep or Blowout.)
- Back Porch (Sweep twice a week and mop once a month)
- Kitchen (Wipe down counter tops, table, etc etc)
- Office (I keep Willow in here while I’m at work so it gets a lot of her hair in there.)
- Dresser (I pick through my clothes a lot so a lot of the time shirts get wrinkled and stuffed in there. I like to go through and straighten things up.)
- Drawers (In the living room, kitchen, and nightstand.)
- Movies (I have a bunch of video games and DVDs.)
- Air Filters
- Ceiling Fans (They are always on, so I got no clue how dust gets up there and stays up there.)
- Change sheets
- Wash Couch Covers and Blankets
- Clean Trashcans With Bleach
- Bona (For laminate and tile.)
- Pledge (My favorite to use to dust.)
- Think it’s by Method, I can’t find it at the moment. (To polish the wood. Gives it a really good natural wood smell as well.)
- Comet/Ajax (For my bathtubs and toilets.)
- Magic Leather Cleaner
- Method Daily Granite (Counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms.)
- Perfect Sink (Cleans, shines, and protects!)
- Cerema Bryte (The only thing that can really clean my stove top. I figured out that if you use a microfiber cloth to wipe it off, it won’t leave streaks to it. It’ll give it a nice clean finish.)
It usually takes me a few hours to do all the stuff that I do. Just because I’ll sweep and mop, then sit on the couch while the floor dries. I’ll spray the cleaning stuff in my bathtubs and toilets and leave it alone for a few minutes to let it soak in really good. In between doing all that, I also have my laundry on in hopes that once I finish cleaning that all my clothes and towels will be dry and I can fold it all up. I used to hate cleaning, however, when you live with someone and they are really messy. It kind of inspires you to be a little bit neater.
Recently, I went through my kitchen cabinets (not all of them but a few) and reorganized the glasses, plates, cups, etc etc. I got a drawer in there that’s got a lot of random stuff in it that I need to go through. Think it’s got some screws, batteries, napkins, medicine, trash, etc etc. That same day, I went through all the drawers in the living room and got all my movies, books, and games reorganized. I don’t know why it is so tough to put a DVD back into the box. I get so mad when I see someone do it then sometimes I’ll do it and just not even realize it until a few days later when I see the DVD sitting on top of my Xbox One. It’s somewhat frustrating.
I need to go through some of my clothes, my office, fitness equipment, garage, and the shelves on my back porch. There’s a lot of thing that I don’t wear anymore, no longer able to wear, things that I don’t use anymore, as well as numerous other things. While I’m thinking about it, I need to go through my comic books as well. It’s been awhile since I’ve read in them. I know I have some scattered all over the place. Speaking of comics, I have a lot of them. I may end up changing my office around and use it as my nerd room. Just cause I collect comics, statues, pins, patches, and some of the PopFunko. I may end up building a few book shelves to hold some things. When you do construction work, you get pretty handy at a wide variety of skills.
I wasn’t feeling 100% yesterday so I’m doing all my cleaning this morning. In between doing that, I’ve been writing this blog! I hope everyone has enjoyed this one. It’s a lot shorter than my normal ones. Nonetheless, I hope you all enjoy it! I’m off to fold laundry and finish my cleaning! Everyone have a great weekend!
“An organized space creates clarity and clarity attracts success.”